About the Action Council
The Action Council is a coalition of autonomous community organizations (e.g., grassroots groups; nonprofits) that are non-partisan, non-hierarchical, and volunteer-based.
The purpose of the Action Council is to:
- Facilitate collaboration between community organizations working in CA-49.
- Support the progressive movement in Northern San Diego County and Southern Orange County.
- Promote on-going accountability for elected officials.
- Facilitate innovations in community organizing.
The Action Council provides:
- Monthly meetings to support collaboration and coordination between groups.
- Shared resources, including trainings, reports, contact lists (e.g., media; voters), and research.
- Highly visible issue-based advocacy events, such as townhalls, rallies, and protests.
- A framework for discussion, education, and rapid response activism to support broad action.
The Action Council supports its diverse member organizations through:
- Opportunities and support for collaboration between groups.
- Increased coordination between groups to reduce duplication and make a bigger impact.
- Greater visibility for your group’s events through district-wide sharing of events and higher attendance.
- Programs and informational resources to support action in your community.
- More efficient use of limited resources (e.g., volunteers; money; time).
- Access to expertise, such as public policy, community organizing, and event coordinating.